Saturday, September 8, 2007

3 Cat Saturday

My favourite kind of day is a three cat day. I spent the day with all three cats curled up on my bed. Lovely. Of course, I took an unplanned nap in the afternoon, but I defy anyone to resist the sleep-inducing powers of three purring cats all curled up against them.

I had this great plan (because I always have a plan) that I was going to get up at the same time as a weekday (I also have the illusion that I have a weekday routine...). I was going to go for a walk, eat breakfast, and write for an hour. Instead, I slept in, never got dressed, and spent the day in bed. But I wrote for an hour! (ish.) I haven't seen a single person all day, and I'm working very hard to keep it that way. Let's hear it for days of sloth! (Oh, and I emptied the dishwasher, so not total sloth. Just mostly.)

I'm currently still in bed, although the cats are starting to wander away (I'm left with just Cassie, who spends 23 hours a day on my bed.) I meant to cook a nice dinner, but instead I had goldfish crackers and grape soda. There's something extremely satisfying about grape soda. Maybe it's because I haven't had it since the days when I would have called it grape pop.

I'm working on this great post about communication, and why it's important to me, and how this blog should help, and anonymity and so on, but it turns out that Deep Thoughts are right up there with cooking and socializing on the list of things I can't do on 3 Cat Days. So you'll just have to be content with a paen to grape soda for now. Happy Caturday!

No comments: